Friday, January 9, 2009

Testing the Waters

I thought I'd start this post with a picture of our cute little, glowing mommy!
So last night I decided to go ahead and test out my bucket idea to make sure that it WILL work! These are my two testers. I'm sorry the pictures aren't the greatest, but my little camera broke and it's too complicated to pull out my big one, so I used my phone.
And this is Alli's tutu that I am working on. You can't really tell the colors good, but it's green, pink and white. I hope to finish that tonight.
This is what will be over Alli's bed. There will be two more smaller canvases covered in light green checked with and "A" and a "P". I plan on bringing these to use as decor for the shower.

Also, instead of doing a guest book and then having a book for gifts, this is my idea. I am making a memory book like this. Well I hope it will turn out cute like these. I plan on hopefully putting a copy of the invitation on the front, and lots of ribbon. Then I will have 2 or 3 pages inserted for someone to write the guest and and their gifts. And then from there, when everyone arrives, they will get a chance to fill out a card, or form that will have a spot for them to put....
  • Their name
  • How they know mommy and daddy
  • when they think Alli will be born and what time
  • how big they think she will be
  • Advice/Special note (or maybe funny memories of mommy and daddy when they were little)
  • Just something fun! Then we can insert these pages into the book, and I even thought about taking a picture of the guest, or them and Jay and then we could put that in there too. Then all the pages left over could be for Jay to put her shower pics in. And if she wants to, she can get the clear covers to put on all the pages like a scrapbook. Let me know if ya'll have other ideas to put in this book! These were just some examples I saw!

Have a good day!

2 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

Okay, you have earned the "Most Creative Award of the Year!" I love each and every idea! So so so cute! Can't wait for the shower. All the plates and napkins were delievered yesterday and they are so cute. Sophisticated but sweet. See ya :)

The Perkins said...

Jana -- all that looks really good. I'm not sure that I've been assigned anything, so can you let me know what I should be doing? Have a great week!