Friday, December 5, 2008

~Let's Start Showering~

Hello Everyone! I thought this would be a neat way to begin our planning for Jamie and Alli....and we can't forget daddy! He's so very excited about this baby. I know you all can't wait to meet her. It won't be long. I think planning this shower will be so much fun!

Please feel free to post blogs on here with pictures and ideas of things we'd like to do or use. This way everyone will be able to check in and see where everyone's at, and if anyone needs help working on something. I thought that we'd go with a pink/green paisley as our theme. That's what her bedding is. So far, Jay said that she'd like to try for January 24th, 2009, here in Ruston. I think that she was looking at having this as her big shower and trying to invite everyone to it. Let me know if this will be ok for everyone. If so, I have already talked to First National Bank about reserving their room. There's no cost and it's where I had mine. Here are a few pics if you can tell anything.
Some of you were hostess for mine, so you already have an idea. She said that they have 8 round tables with about 8 chairs to go around them. I went ahead and put our name down for that date just in case there were no more options, or we wanted to save a little moolah. Again...this if for everyone to throw out their ideas, I am open to anything. Another place mentioned was the TL James big white house. I have no idea how to find a number or information on it. Everybosy saus that they've been there or thrown a shower there, but no contact info. So, if anyone's interested in checking on that...have at it.
She's picked out a cute design on Kacees website, if you're interested in looking at. http://www.kaceessugarandspice.com/
Click on birthdays, 4th page and 3rd on the top row. It's pretty close to the one at my shower if you look above. We actually got our friend Stephanie Roberts "The Cake Lady" to make mine and it was deivine.
I hope that you all will find this easy to use & throw around ideas. I am anxiously waiting to hear from you. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

January 24th works great for me! I'll see if I can figure out something for the T.L. James house. It is so pretty! I have never been to the FNB party room but it looks really nice!

The Perkins said...

Jan 24th is fine with me. I like the FNB room. It would be nice to save some money!