Thursday, December 18, 2008

Checking In

Hello Ladies. I know that we just have 7 more days until Santa visits us, and everyone is probably running just a wild as I am, if not more. But I did want to check in and see if anyone had new ideas. Jamie said that she might have 50 on her list, but that we could just plan for 35 and be fine. So Hannah, do your "thang". I know you were waiting on that. And Muffy, this will help you too, if you haven't already talked to her. And since I haven't heard anything about another venue, I am going to plan on having it at the bank room like I mentioned before. If someone is not happy with this, or has another idea, please speak now or forever hold your peace. We need to get all the info so that Muffy can get the invites ordered ASAP. Jamie has NOT registered yet, so hopefully I can get her on that as soon as all the Christmas hustle and bustle is over. I was thinking about making the cake for the shower. Again, if anyone is against all of this please let me know. The cake that she showed me was a 2 or 3 tier, but I thought it'd be cute to do 2 or 3 small cakes on different cake plates at different levels. And I could use pink tule and lights under all of the cake plates somehow. Just an idea. I wouldn't think that it would be hard to round up a few cake plates. Let me know if anyone has a cute idea for table decor. I have been saving all of my formula cans (yes, it's alot, and Chris could kill me for it), and I thought that it would be cute to cover them in girly scrapbook paper with sweet baby notes or something. And we could put flowers in them or anything really. Let me know if you have other ideas. It's sneaking up on us. Also food! Has anyone been thinking about it. We could do a theme, or we could do regular shower finger foods like.......
  • chips and dips
  • chicken ball
  • cookies
  • fruit/veggies
I don't know. I'm not good at deciding menus. ~A fine example: On Tuesday, I went with the girls in my office to do some last minute shopping and to eat dinner in Monroe. Well when we finally got ready to eat dinner (el Chicos) at 9:00pm, I couldn't decide what I wanted, so we ordered 3 different things and shared them all. It was really fun and delicious. So, If someone would like to step up and think of things that everyone could bring/make that would be great, or if everyone would just like to let us know what they are bringing, that would be great also. I mainly just wanted to touch base with everyone. I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Leaving you with a pic of Jay and my man!

2 comments:

Kristin Odom said...

Hey, everything sounds fine to me. I like the bank idea, plates/napkins option 1, shower invitations like #2 b/c they are brighter colors. Maybe we could make the cakes look like the shapes?? Could be hard to do that though?? Or at least those bright colors would be good for decorations, neon pink, green and red. Oh, and let me know if yall need me to do something now. I think snack foods if in afternoon. What else did you ask?? Ummm, oh, and if Muffy can't do the invites, let me know and I can work on those. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Kristin

The Perkins said...

I like the idea of just doing snack foods kind of like we did at yours. You know, spinach dip, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit tray,etc. I'm happy with the bank idea. I've been just about as busy as you too. Hopefully we can get this all sorted out right after Christmas. And yes, go make her register!!